Sunday, August 31, 2008

Help needed Please

Dear Friends,
I am trying to find a tried and true whole wheat bread recipe. I tried Nie Nie's banana bread recipe and it is the best banana bread I have ever had. I wish I had her whole wheat bread recipe. So If any of you have a good whole wheat bread recipe please post the recipe in my comments.
Thank you .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help ya! Sorry....I ain't no good at bread making :(

Jan said...

Go to Tiffani's blog, and type in bread at the top left hand corner. And her post for whole wheat bread will be shown. It is easy and good. Happy baking. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a good one, I'll have to pull it out and send it to you.

Janell said...

mechelle on my blog roll also makes good whole wheat bread - I really want to get into this one day ....

chelle said...

HI, Thanks for entering my quilt give away. I am the Mechelle Frumpy was just talking about.

I love making bread. Part of the reason is that bread, good bread, is so expensive. And another part of it, is that I like to know just what is going into my food and into my kids tummies. Here is one of my favorite bread recipes. I make it twice a week! Tuesday and Friday. YUM.

Mechelle’s NEVER FAIL WHEAT BREAD

5 C Hottest Tap Water
6 C Whole Wheat Flour*
1/3 C Salad Oil }
1 C Honey }Mix together.
3 T Salt }
2 T Powder Milk }
2 T Yeast }
1/2 C Warm Water } Dissolve

Mix all together and add:

6 C Whole Wheat Flour* Knead till soft and pliable.

Let rise until double, 45 minutes +/-. To make a multigrain bread reduce wheat flour by 1 Cup and add cracked wheat, whole millet, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds to total 1 cup. Shape into three loaves.
Bake 45 minutes @ 350°.