Elisabeth has had a medical issue for the last few weeks. I tried on my own to treat it. Finally yesterday I took her to the doctor. I use to run my kids to the doctor all the time. Lately I just sit things out. Not such a good idea this time. Hopefully she will mend quickly now that she is on a powerful antibiotic. That mother of the year award continues to allude me.
I am not sure my children ever read my blog. But just in case I want them to know I love them and their spouses dearly.
My heart is full . So much suffering needs to be comforted. Plane crash, tumors, death of a child, birth defects,illness,divorce,wayward children.
This past week we had a special stake conference. Special in that this year our stake will have had three. The dear Prophet was sending out three general authorities and decided two weeks ago that since they would all be in Chicago land teaching the Bishops and Stake Presidents they should stay for Sunday and hold these conferences.
It was a sweet meeting. Elder Snow of the seventy spoke to our stake. How fortunate I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our stake President Scott Clark gave a wonderful talk on happiness. Man is that he may have joy. He also taught that we control our happiness. Heavenly Father wants us to all have joy. I love you all . I want to help in any way I can to comfort and bless you all so that you can be lifted and feel joy in you lives.
God bless you all.
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


6 comments:
that is so sweet! :) i can tell you are a very loving and caring person!!!!
What a sweet post. I love the reminder of the happiness we can have in our lives by living the Gospel. Thanks for sharing Snow's testimony. You are so right about so much going on. We do need to lend our voice in prayer. I have some on my list. How are you doing?
Hope everything will go well for your lovely daughter. We will also put her on the list too. Take care and thanks for the upliftment.
Those are some serious trials. I'm glad you are stong and can help strengthen your children.
What a wonderful Stake Conference. Uplifting and Inspiring I'm sure.
Knowing when to go to the doctor can be such a pain!!! I know your kids know how much they are loved - it just seems so obvious!!! Glad you had such a great meeting - I didn't know we lived (relatively) that close to each other!! I just spent some time in Chicago (well, the airport!) yesterday!! That was my donut pit stop =).
This was really nice to read Stephanie. And please don't feel guilty about the doctor thing. I think it's even worse to take them in too early and have them say "it's just a virus" and then in two or three days they have a raging fever and practically need to be run in to the ER. It's a crap-shoot either way. Also, I absolutely agree with the happiness idea. You can have everything in the world that you think you want and still be miserable, or have nothing, and still find joy in life. A few years ago I picked up a used book at Goodwill for 50 cents, "The City Of Joy" By Dominique Lapierre. It is one of the most satisfying and life affirming books I have ever read. It is about the poorest of the poor in India. It's written by a Catholic Priest who loved the Saviour so much that he gave up everything he had to go live among the poorest people in India and do as much for them as he could. I beg you to get this book and read it. The amazing untouchables who had less than nothing yet still managed to have so much love and generosity for others. After reading this book my eyes were so opened to how much I really have. I hope you can find it and read it, it's quite long but it's worth every sentence. Love Susan
Truer words have never been blogged!
The gospel keeps us grounded-- but reading others blogs makes us grateful!
Thank you for the message!
Post a Comment