This is 1998. Jackson Hole ,Wyoming. Snake river. My boys endured a cross country trip to deliver Rachel to BYU-I(Ricks then) I promised to make sure they had fun. Elisabeth and I were going to go on the calm scenic trip while the boys went white water rafting. We arrived late and the only trip left was white water rafting. Oh my goodness. I still can't believe I went down the snake river with Elisabeth. Yes Jon is the tall guy on the right, Matt is in front of him and the girl with the hat is Elisabeth. I am the scared mother holding onto Elisabeth for dear life.
What have you done in your life for your children that you would not have otherwise done?
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


8 comments:
You were a brave soul and making your boys so proud of their momma. How fun that you can say you did that though. I can imagine the things that was going through your head.
Good job. I think a few rides that I have gone on were questionable. Like the drop zone. I would probably pass out now. :)
Fun fun.
WOW...you survived that!?!?! It looks quite rough!
I can't think of anything right now that even compares to that...but I am sure my time is coming...
So what did Elisabeth think of the experience?
Stephanie, I can't believe you did that. I am beyond impressed. I wouldn't even go on the white water rafting ride at Disneyland. (Well actually I guess it was California adventure) I have probably done things for my kids that might rival what you did, but I'm so amazed by you right now that I can't think of anything.
Elisabeth loved every minute.
That is awesome!! I love that you did that, and you kids will talk about the time Mom went river rafting with them for the rest of their lives... and your grandchildren will hear the stories!
I can hear them now...
"Your Grandma went white water river rafting. I know! She's awesome-crazy..."
I don't think I could do THAT for them. Wow. You are super mom for sure.
I am speechless. That is amazing. That alone should have won you Mom of the year for 1998.
I agree - very very amazing!!
And I have to apologize that I haven't updated my blog forever and haven't changed my sidebar with my blog roll forever and have to say I've added you to my blanket comments!! Take your pick!! So sorry for the mishap!
Post a Comment