Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adventure

Life has always been full of change for Dave and I. I am so lucky to have such a kind companion to endure and live with. Two years ago Dave was forced into early retirement. He was a journeyman stone cutter. All the companies in Illinois left the union. We are not pro union but that is where the wonderful medical insurance that has taken wonderful care of Elisabeth all these years came from. In comes the miracle. Dave turned 55 that year. Eligible to retire. And the miracle we get to keep the wonderful medical insurance.
There were so many miracles at this time. We sold our second car in a day. We sold our condo in a day for full price. The list goes on and on.
The adventure continues. Dave is going to school to study Polysomnography.( Sleep study tech)
He starts Monday. He took two weeks off his current job(delivering medical supplies). He goes to school 9 hours a day six days a week for the next two weeks.
After the training we are going to be adventurous. We are going to move to the area that offers him the largest salary and has excellent medical care for Elisabeth.

p.s. Thank you for all your kind words and prayers yesterday. My heart no longer pains me .

5 comments:

Jan said...

Love your new header picture. Very nice.

I am so glad that you have found some peace Stephanie. I have been wondering about how you were doing. So glad to know better. :)


That is really great about going for it in the schooling. I am glad you told us what that field meant. I had never heard of such a thing. I hope things work out and that the place you move will be wonderful for the family and Elisabeth. Take care and have a wonderful day. You deserve it.

Lisa Christine said...

Maybe, just maybe, you will end up in the southeast corner of Washington.....wouldn't that be fabulous!

Good luck with this new adventure in your lives. Enjoy it!

Janell said...

How fabulous you got to keep the medical - isn't that one of the biggest stresses in this life??
Recognizing blessing admist trials can be so comforting.

I think I must have missed something, and am not exactly sure what is happening at the moment, but am glad you are feeling a bit better and we are thinking about you over here!!

SuzanSayz said...

That is truly a blessing to still have your insurance. Have you looked into DSHS for Elisabeth? As soon as Shawn turned 18 we started getting SSI for him and with that he also gets the DSHS insurance. It's nice because we never have to worry about a deductible or co-pay for Shawn. That is really exciting for Dave to be trying something new. Good luck on EVERYTHING!!!

Janell said...

Stephanie - yes, we found out that since my hearing is totally normal, waiting a month or two should be no big deal. If I start having hearing problems, then I'll have to be in touch, but I don't think that will happen.

Thank you so much for your comment and various advice recently, I really so very much appreciate it!!