Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remembering

I need to be clearer in my posts. I wish I was eloquent on paper but alas the pen and I do not always communicate as well as I would like. My sister Lana was full of life. She had a great sense of humor (I wasn't in the line when sense of humor's were handed out)and when finding out she had cancer fought to live as long as possible. Most who are diagnosed with small cell lung cancer last 6-10 months. She lived 4 years. I was able to help my mother care for her. Toward the end when the cancer had metastasized to her brain even my mother who does not share my religious beliefs started to pray she would be comforted and pass away. Dave and I were at her side along with my parents , her husband and children when she took her last breath. July is my sister's birthday. I have been lovingly remembering her zest for life. It has been a little over a year since her passing and my daughters and I are going to the Temple for her this weekend.


My baby sister Lana September 2006 The original "Papa"

Papa as a boy



My great grandparents and grandfather. Wiley "PAPA" and Birdie Elder and Grandfather AD









4 comments:

Jan said...

It is always hard in our hearts, but so glad that you remember and care. I love the pictures. Sorry about your baby sister. That's tough.

Take care and have a good day Stephanie.

SuzanSayz said...

Thank you for sharing such wonderful old pictures. And I am truly sorry about the death of your younger sister, that must be hard.

Anonymous said...

wow. I am glad you have a Strong Testimony & will go to the Temple for her. She will have BIG HUGS for you when you see her again.♥

Lisa Christine said...

How wonderful that you are able to go to the temple for her this weekend. What peace and joy you will feel :)