After Three weeks of being off the lisinopril I am starting to feel good. Now I can't jog a mile yet but I am up and feel like doing a few chores and for me that is a huge improvement.
The sun is beginning to shine again.
Posted by Stephanie at 12:54 PM
7 comments:
Great news Stephanie. That was not an easy task I bet. Good luck.
It's funny how differently people can respond to the same medicine. I've been taking Lisinopril for several years and it doesn't give me any bad effects. I'm glad that you realized that it was making you sick. Good luck!
I'm so happy to hear you are starting to feel good. Oh how that makes the sun shine even on a cloudy day!!
Stephanie, I've been meaning to share this with you. I had been hearing that cinnamon was good for balancing sugar levels for diabetics. I was interested but not very convinced. Well my last blood work came back showing that my diabetes numbers were a little too high. I wasn't too surprised because most mornings my blood tested out around 157 or so. So I bought a bottle of pure cinnamon capsules from Walmart the next time I was there and the next morning my morning stick said 112. In the last week and a half since I have been using them my morning blood sugar hasn't been higher than 122. Most mornings it's between 87 and 112. I don't know if it works that well for everyone but you might want to give it a try. Even with Byetta it has never been that low in the morning.
My blood sugars are great. 80's in the mornings and never more than 115.
That is one reason I was angry when they said my kidneys were [getting worse. They said if my blood sugar was in good control I would avoid the harmful side effects of diabetes.Turns out after years of taking lisinopril it was causing me to have high potassium. I was so sick. I could hardly go and didn't feel like eating. WEll I feel better and don't want to take any medicine anymore. We both know that is not possible . I continue to take my metformin and byetta. And I take lantus at bedtime. I'll try the cinnamon . What can it hurt.
That just plain sucks Stephanie. Life is so unfair. I'm really impressed with your blood sugar numbers. It sure does sound like you are doing everything right, and for your kydneys to be in trouble...well it's just NOT FAIR! If your numbers are that low cinnamon might make them too low. You know I'm thinking, maybe we need to start a blog support group for we bloggers fighting diabetes. I pray that you won't need dialysis. My mom has been on it three days a week for I think almost five years. It really is a living hell. My thoughts are with you my friend.
Glad you're smiling!
Post a Comment