Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bringing Cheer


My Father had open heart surgery last week. He is not too happy about how long he has been in the hospital. My nephew and brother in law are flying to Florida tomorrow to see him and for some r and r. I decided to try to lift Dad's spirits. I am making him his favorite childhood cake from scratch. German Chocolate Cake. Ernie and Kyle are going to carry it on the plane.
Sometimes comfort food is just what is needed. Then it got me thinking I wonder what my blogging friends favorite comfort food is? Would you mind leaving the recipe along with your comment? Have a great day.

6 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Favorite food???.....antything that Susan makes on Sunday night! Yum!

So how are they going to carry the cake on? Did you go to a bakery and get a cake box?

Stephanie said...

no I bought a plastic cake taker at Target. It should be interesting to hear if it makes it in safely.

Kristen said...

Oh that cake looks amazing!

My comfort food that's baked is brownies or chocolate chip cookies. I have a cookie recipe that I always follow from scratch that I really like, but it's in storage :o(.

My other comfort food that is not baked is butterfingers candy bar!

YUM!!

SuzanSayz said...

So that's why you needed the Cake Taker. That is so very thoughtful of you Stephanie. I'm sure your Dad will be touched that you did something so loving for him.

Heidi D said...

My favorite cake of ALL time!

tiki_lady said...

cake and bread are my comfort vices. I turn to them often.