Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Change

MOM’S CABBAGE PATCH STEW ( Karen Bingham)
1lb hamburger
2 cans kidney beans
1 large chopped onion
2tsp chili powder
1 c chopped celery
3 cans water
2 c shredded cabbage
sugar
1Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 cans stewed tomatoes
Brown meat add onion, celery and cabbage, cook until vegetables are tender and wilted. Add water, salt and seasoning. Add tomatoes and beans last. Simmer at least 1 hour.


Years ago I was at a friends home and she was making this for her young family. She said they liked it better than chili. I was sceptical but tried it anyway. My kids love it too.

I am hoping you will share you families favorite healthy recipes with me. We are wanting to change it up here and I am trying new recipes but they have turned out just OK. I need help big time. I would love you to invite all your friends and family to share their recipes too.
Have a great day and Bon appetite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm. But better than chili? Don't mess with my TX. chili Stephanie!
But it does sound good!

Jan said...

I love cabbage and soups. Sounds like a winner here Stephanie. Thanks. Now I want some of Jenns chili too.

Heidi D said...

That sounds delicious!! I love cabbage so much. I never get to use it much.