I loved Fiddler on the roof. Family isn't that what life is all about. This Christmas our adult children all have plans in diverse places around the U.S.. I am going to host the "Willis" Family Christmas in January.
Last year I was not well and could hardly go. I was not the hostest with the mostest. So now that I am on the mend I am starting to plan our celebration early.
So here is the problem. I am not the most creative girl on the block. I want to have a spiritual part, and a feast and some wonderful fun. Do you have any traditions or idea's for my families Christmas celebration? Things to make, stories to tell, fun activites, any idea's are welcome.
Share your idea's with me and ask your friends to share their idea's with me and who knows maybe you will be the one that wins my second giveaway. It will be a surprise box with items picked by me. Elisabeth will draw the winner . Suggestion give away will end Sunday June 28Th at midnight. Thank you for helping me create family memories.



4 comments:
A give night during the holidays is great. You set a night aside to think of others and just concentrate that. It is amazing the opportunities out there and there is so much need. Good luck and have a great time together.
Oh fun!
Let's see, what are some things we like to do..
~12 days of Christmas
~Read the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (the night before Christmas)
~Watch 'A Christmas Carol'
~Gingerbread houses
All the usual. But 'the usual' is all so magical, isn't it?!
Happy planning!
I love to read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" When you look past the delightful pictures and the shear whimsy of it all, you realize that you have just read a really beautiful story.
But please whatever you do don't put it in the same catagory as that horrible movie starring Jim Carrey.
Every year my family does a Gift Grab. Each person buys and brings a gift that cost around $10-$15. All the gifts are placed in the center. Numbers are put in a hat and drawn by each participant. The person with #1 gets to pick out a gift first and unwraps it. #2 can pick a gift from the pile or steal #1's gift. If they steal #1 one's gift, then #1 picks out another gift. The rest of the numbers are played out this same way. One year my family decided to put a twist on the gift requirement. The cost for the gift was still around $10 but this time we all had to find an item(s) that was blue and started with the letter "p". For example: Blue Pencils. We had to get creative and put a lot of thought into it finding something blue that started with the letter "p". But the big fun came when the gifts were opened and seeing what everyone found.
Good luck! I have full confidence you will be an awesome hostess.
Post a Comment