Monday, June 8, 2009

Oy Hunsaker's Thai Stir Fry




Posted by Picasa
I am very fortunate to have a friend from Thailand. She is a fabulous cook. For dinner tonight I made her wonderful stir fry. It is not hot or spicy like some Thai food. She does not measure.
1lb meat, beef, chicken or pork(I always use chicken)cut into bite size pieces
one large or 2 medium onions. cut in half and then in thin slices
Nappa cabbage cut in half length wise and then in 1inch sections.(I only use half a cabbage)
Carrots peeled and sliced on diagonal(I use baby carrots)
Broccoli just slice it up About 1 cup)
Cauliflower sliced up (About 1 cup)
Spinach sliced up
pea pods(I didn't have any so I omitted)
Now we're ready to begin
Heat 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil on high
Put chicken in wok sprinkle with garlic powder
stir as chicken cooks add 10 or more shakes of "Golden mountain soy sauce"
3 Tablespoons of Panda Oyster Sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
When chicken is done about 5-6 minutes
add onion slices
stir
add cauliflower let cook 3 minutes til tender crisp
add carrots cook 2 minutes
add broccoli cook 2 minutes
add spinach, nappa cabbage, and pea pods
Serve with Jasmine rice(Three Horses Jasmine)
The soy sauce and rice should be bought at an oriental grocer. The taste is so much better with good product.
Enjoy

6 comments:

Heidi D said...

How hot do you have your wok? I need a wok. ;0)

Stephanie said...

on high. I bought my wok at homegoods years ago.

Lisa Christine said...

If Heidi gets a wok I am going to her house for dinner...yum!

:)

Stephanie said...

Oy just uses a favorite old frying pan. So don't let a wok stop you from eating stir fry.

Jan said...

This is my kind of food. Thanks Stephanie.

SuzanSayz said...

It has never occured to me to buy my soy sauce from an authentic Asian market. Now I won't be satisfied until I have some!