Yesterday was one of those days.
Elisabeth went driving for the last time . She had given driving her best shot. Her delayed processing is not improved enough to make the split second decisions needed to drive in this hectic world. Dave and I had talked to her on Sunday about her feelings on her driving skills and without knowing it prepared her for the discouraging news. She is saddened but not broken. I am glad because I don't do well when my children are heartbroken. She is one courageous woman.
Then we had two hospital episodes. First, The mail brought my insurance receipts from my recent hospital stay. I choked a little when I read the patients portion due ....oh well, It's only money.
Then at 11:15 or so last night Little Miss 's parents called to ask where the nearest emergency room was. Little Miss was having a hard time breathing. We all darted to the ER . Once there I heard the awful cough. Sounds like croup to me. Since I have a child who had asthma like attacks and Little Miss has a cousin with Asthma I am glad parents had Little Miss checked out.
Diagnosis Croup.
Although the news did not come yesterday I will group in with the calamities. We decided not to buy the house. Little Miss's parents are working on buying though.
So I went to bed singing "Tomorrow, Tomorrow, The sun will come up tomorrow . It's only a day away!"
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


4 comments:
I really hope the sun came up for you Stephanie.
I'm so sorry for those setbacks Stephanie. Medical costs can be real killers. Keep up with the good attitude though, that should see you through it all. And at least when the furnace or plumbing goes out you won't be the ones to have to fix it.
I hope the sun is brightly shining today!
Too bad about the house, but maybe it'll be in the family anyway.
Croup...that stinks.
I sing that song to myself too! Doesn't it just make everything better?
Post a Comment