It is 1:45a.m. I should be sleeping. I even took tylenol pm at 9:30 p.m.
I wish I knew where we should move to. I wish my son Jon and his wife could have a miracle and all student loans would disappear. I wish my son Matt and his wife Erin could have the desires of their hearts. I wish my daughter Elisabeth had a job,friends, and love. I wish my daughter Rachel would find her eternal companion . I wish my husband could have a job he loves. I wish I could be better at ............................everything.
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


2 comments:
Stephanie-
Things have calmed down a bit since last weeks hospital stay with Elisabeth. We are still doing the ACTH therapy, but it hasn't stopped the spasms completely yet. Hopefully soon. Anyways, I have been meaning to get over and visit your blog.
I want to thank you for your words of encouragement. It is so comforting to hear from people who have been where I am right now.
That is so funny that both our children with hydrocephalus are named Elisabeth! It's not so common with an 'S', but I wanted to sneak my name (lisa) in there :)
So how is your Elisabeth doing now? What are her abilities and disabilities?
I would love to keep in touch with you. Blogging has been such a huge blessing in my life, especially since Elisabeth was born. I have been able to connect with so many other mothers that I would have never known otherwise.
I am going to add your name to my favorites list....I hope that's ok :)
Stephanie,
I did receive your email and I'm sorry that I haven't responded yet. Life has been slightly hectic around here lately with the end of school only a few days away.
I totally appreciated hearing Elisabeth's story. Since Jake is still quite young, it's hard to imagine what his life will be like as an adult, so it is nice and very reassuring to hear experiences from you and your daughter.
Jake has only ever had one shunt. (knocking on some serious wood here) He has a wheelchair that he uses to get around, although at home he is more content just to crawl. He also had myelomeningocile at the L3, L4 level. He has done so well. Better than any doctor ever thought he would. We are so thankful for him. He is a happy little boy with enough attitude to fill the deepest hole! He is spunky and stubborn, and I think that will help him in the future. But he is so sweet. I am so happy that he is 4 now because 3 was a rough one for the two of us. Three years old and I do not get along very well! But I am happy to say that my sweet little boy is back!
He will begin his first year of preschool this fall and cannot wait! His teacher is our ward Primary president and she is so excited to have him. Her preschool is in the addition of their home and she even built a ramp at the school entrance and put one going out the back door for him too! She is amazing, and I am so excited for him to go there.
Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. I would love to keep a correspondence with you. Thank you again for your email and the pictures.
Tiffani
Post a Comment