Thursday, June 19, 2008

Counting my biggest blessing

Today, I am going to count my blessings. I may not be wealthy in the things of the world; but I am extremely wealthy in love and family.

I have been blessed with the kindest husband. He loves me as I am faults and all. He only sees my beauty. He is kind to all. He loves everyone. He is valiant in service and honors the priesthood he holds. He is cherished by his children. Although he was born into humble circumstances and his father spent many years as an alcoholic Dave never complains. His children cannot tell you any of the hardships this caused. He only remembers the good from his life. He loves his parents and his 10 siblings. He has worked hard all his life. Starting as a young boy delivering 200 newspapers every day. When our 4Th child was born with Spina bifida he stood by me and buoyed me up .
He picked up the slack when I was depressed.I should mention here I also had post partum depression after the birth of my first child. He never complained. He just did the house work. I did not even realize how depressed I had been until later when I had my second child and I was
not depressed. I asked him why he put up with me and didn't get me to a doctor.

His reply "I knew if I just loved you ,You would be alright. "

(He is a saint I tell you. And although I would recommend seeing a doctor to anyone with post partum or any depression for that matter) He was right. His love helped me through it all.
The unemployment, Elisabeth's birth defect, sarcoidosis(his currently in remission) His back surgery . My diabetes. So many other issues that I will spare you the details of.

I am eternally grateful for this dear man. I love him with all my heart.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

You are definitely blessed, Stephanie. We all love Dave. We love you too!

Lisa Christine said...

Having a loving, loyal husband is a blessing indeed.

Have a most happy weekend....do something fun! I know we will!

Pat said...

I never knew that you had post partum depression. I do remember how you shared how Dave and many of his childhood trials and how he never complained. I admire people that do not complain much...I am a COMPLAINER ! I always admired how Dave was always smiling and has a great disposition...all the time. And of course you, Stephanie, my long, sweet, dear, friend.