Friday we made the trip to Chicago to see all the spina bifida doctors. It is the first time we have transitioned to the adult clinic at Chicago rehabilitation center. I have to admit it was scarey leaving children's memorial hospital after 22 years, I am happy to report it was so much better. Elisabeth for the first time went in to see the doctors by herself. She did great being in charge of her own medical care. And instead of a 12 to 14 our clinic day at childrens we were in and out in 5 hours . Yeah!!!!!!!! (Bonus, Dave took off work and drove us to the appointment so I didn't have to deal with driving in the city)
Then after 2 years of no sale ads from Kohls---I hit the jackpot. 30% off mailer. Dave found a suit and tons of arrow shirts and other items that he needed. Father's day done and extra 30% off to boot.
Saturday, I was treated to lunch by my oldest, Rachel, Soup and salad at Chili's.
Today my sweet granddaughter,Aubrey, is coming to see us. At one she is such a delite.
I do so love being grandma.
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


3 comments:
I am glad that your Elisabeth's appointments went so well!
And Kohl's....love that place!
Have fun with your granddaughter :)
Your daughter is beautiful!
Driving in Chicago CAN be daunting! I am curious about where you live... we lived in the Chicago area for years... and I really miss it!
I *hear* Kohls! You can get great clothes there for CHEAP!!
Thanks for commenting on my blog!
We lived in the Dekalb/Rockford area. My husband grew up in Normal Il. WE still have lots of family out there! I LOVE Illinois!! and I really do miss it.
Post a Comment