Friday, June 27, 2008

It's Friday




I love Friday's. Elisabeth and I get Aubrey for a few hours every Friday.

Today Aubrey has kept us hopping. Papa ( as she calls Grandpa Dave) came home and she played a little more and then grabbed her trusty pink pig and put her thumb in her mouth. (Her signal for I am ready for my nap)
When Jon and Emilie asked Dave if his name could be Papa they did not know the significance of that special name to me.
My mother was raised by her grandparents. My great grandfather was the sweetest man. He would spoil us whenever we came to visit Tennessee(not more than once a year)He had been a farmer. In his later years he ran a small country store. The kind with the big refrigerater glass pop cases. He would tell us we could have as much pop as we wanted .He would put peanuts in Dr. Pepper for us. He was always saying kind things. We all adored him. I called him Papa.
When I was married I always thought to myself I married a man just like Papa. And so without knowing it my son and his wife correctly named Dave ,Papa.

2 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

First of all, what a BEAUTIFUL little granddaughter. Second I love to read how much you love your Husband. He sounds wonderful. I have married a great guy too. I suffer from very low energy and have a hard time keeping up with my house, so today (he has every other Friday off) he has spent the entire day cleaning our house from top to bottom. We both have a couple of genuine KEEPERS.

Lisa Christine said...

Me too, me too! I have a keeper. What lucky ladies we are :)

Stephanie - I truly enjoyed reading this post. How wonderful that your husband has inherited a name so dear to you. Have a great weekend!