Sunday, October 19, 2008

All because of a blog

Well all because of Jan I had to go dig out my old BYU Journal. It brought back many fond memories. And although I was just trying to be cute on her blog it bothered me that I couldn't remember all the words. I just had to see if I kept the words to the old Illinois Mission song. It was sung to the tune of edleweiss. Sure enough I still have the paper my twirp date wrote it on.

Illinois, Illinois I have grown to love you
Proud and true my life through
I think fondly of you.
Mission of heritage Joseph's land
God will always Bless you
Illinois, Illinois I have grown to love you.


change the last line when you are going home from mission to


Illinois Illinois I am going to miss you.


p.s. Don't forget to check out my daughter's new blog

4 comments:

Jan said...

Love it Stephanie. I am laughing my head off really. I pictured you having to get this information or you would lay awake all night trying to remember it. We are silly creatures.

The song is great. I love it and thanks for sharing it. Now you can rest in peace. :)

Janell said...

This is great! I love what blogs can do as far as get you thinking and remembering. Glad you pulled this out!

Lisa Christine said...

How fun to look through your old college journal....I bet there were fun memories!

tiki_lady said...

rofl, I love it!

I'm singing it with these words, check it out::

Mother Goose Mother Goose, I have grown to love you.
Proud and true my life through
I think fondly of you.
Mission of humor, love most grand
God will always bless you
Mother Goose Mother Goose I have grown to love you!

roflrofl, Yes, yes I think I shall sing this to myself.