Friday, April 17, 2009

What a difference a day makes.


Yesterday was the best day I have had in years. I slept all night......I woke up feeling energized....I started cleaning house........I went to physical therapy............I went bargain shopping all afternoon into the early evening. The sun was out I was feeling good. It was wonderful.


Today although the sun is still shining I am the self I remember. I woke up feeling OK. I was up for a few hours and could hardly go. I took a nap. I was still lethargic. I took my blood sugar. I was 81. Good for most a little low for me. I made myself get up and take a shower to get going.


Dave (my saintly husband) offered to help Jon and Emilie out. He is painting for them on his day off. We drove first to a furniture store. And after 3o years of marriage bought a new bedframe.

Then we drove north to Jon and Emilie's. He stayed to paint and I took Little Miss .


Elisabeth and I brought Aubrey to our house. Aubrey saw the play kitchen I refurbished for her and off to play she went. I am "cuking" her cute way of saying cooking. She played and played. I loved every minute. She brought me cups of imaginary cooked items and she rearranged the dishes and cookware to her liking. It was an afternoon of fun.






5 comments:

Jan said...

So glad that you got a great night sleep Steph. There is nothing better than that.

You had a wonderful day it sounds like :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie!
I have been out of the blog world for a little bit... but i am back!!! :) woo ohoo!
and i am adding you to my sidebar :)

my blog address is

www.therealmerrianne.blogspot.com

See you there!

oh yeah... and i love that BED you posted about!!!

Lisa Christine said...

The bed looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Someday I am hoping to get a pretty bed..... :)

SuzanSayz said...

You're right. It is so fun watching children play in those little kitchens. Having it at your place is a good idea too. They seem to get bored and lose interest if it's at their house.

Heidi D said...

Oh, I'm glad you had a good day. How you sleep in the night is usually the indicator for how you're going to feel the next day. For me at least. :)