I have been struggling with sorrow these past few days. I am in pain when others suffer.
A couple with a newly diagnosed baby with cystic fibrosis, family members who need my help and I not having the wisdom to know how to help in a way that is help and not hurtful or enabling. Other calamities that are running constantly through my mind.
As I ponder in my middle of the night wake up it occurs to me to search, read , and learn all I can . I want to be kind, compassionate and building of others. I want to bring more joy and erase as many sorrows as I can.
I have begun my search. First for understanding. Then to learn tools to be of help.
My reading list:
1. You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!: The Classic Self-Help Book for Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (Paperback)
2. ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life (Paperback)
by Judith Kolberg (Author), Kathleen Nadeau (Author
by Judith Kolberg (Author), Kathleen Nadeau (Author
3. Understanding Women With AD/HD (Paperback)by Kathleen G. Nadeau (Author)
4. Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder (Paperback)by Edward M. Md Hallowell
I have ADD. I have not been officially diagnosed. Many of my children have been diagnosed with the disorder. I believe the greatest help to me in my life is my kind husband. He has never ever belittled my shortcomings. He only sees my inner beauty and talents. He loves me as I am. Unconditionally.
Thank you sweetheart You are my greatest blessing . I love you eternally.


2 comments:
Oh what post Stephanie. My heart goes out too.
I hope that you realize that you really do build others up. You are so good that way.
There is a lot of sorrow in the world around us, but with people who care, like you, it is a little easier.
What a neat love shout for your hubs too :)
Have a wonderful Easter.
I've ADD all of my life. I took part in a drug study {the drug was already on the market, they were just doing further studies} and I never felt better in my life. For real. You would be surprised at the things that are associated with ADD. I was a new person, for the better.
I hope you can get help and you can help out the person that needs it too.
Post a Comment