Dave and I never expected to own a new home. In fact it was a dream to own a home, any home, that was ranch style with two bathrooms and a two car garage. What a blessing to have a dream fulfilled. However for the past Eight years we have prayed that our oldest daughter would find a wonderful eternal companion.
Her thirtieth birthday is fast approaching. She has lived life to the fullest. She has served a mission, graduated from college and been gainfully employed for over six years. No house can compare to the joy of seeing your children happy and successful. Rachel is officially engaged to be married . So amid the move we have ordered a wedding dress, rented a hall, picked out bridesmaid dresses and ordered the flowers. The blessings to our family are abundant. She and Ben have decided to be married in the Chicago Temple on January 9th.
Our hearts and prayers for Elisabeth are yet to be realized but I have heard a few wonderful things about the Ward we are going to be in and she may just find a good friend yet.
We are still in the midst of (organized?) chaos. No matter how much I have tossed and given away our things seem to be multiplying and packing is never ending.
Our hearts are full.



4 comments:
That is such wonderful news Stephanie. I agree, nothing can make me happier than watching my children succeed at the things they are working on. They are and always will be(along with my loving husband of course) the source of my greatest joy.
So glad that all your dreams are becoming realities :)
I too hope that Elisabeth will find some dear friends in your new ward.
I am full of smiles hearing about your dreams come true!
That's so awesome!!! I'm glad things are wonderful with you and your family. :))
That ring is beautiful by the way.
Post a Comment