Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reading between the lines

Sunday turned out to be quite a day. I had everything under control Lasagna made the day before. The carrot cake baked and decorated. Mylar balloons bought. Guests were due to arrive at 2:30 . A few informed me they would be late due to other obligations. I decided to wait until 2:15 to put the Lasagna in the oven. By 2:20 it was apparent the oven had decided to die. So 15 quests and uncooked lasagna. I ended up microwaving every ones lasagna individually.

The saga continues. Today the landlord had a repair man come. He tinkered with the heating element and declared the stove was too old to repair. He said he had a stove he would sell for $150. He left to get the stove. Oh what a shock when he brought in a dirty uncleaned stove .
One of the burners wouldn't work. He went and got a part for the burner. Finally it worked but he couldn't get the matching dial to fit on the new switch. Then he asked me to try the other burner. The burner sparked and scared me half to death. He then had to repair that burner. This went on and on. After the second burner was fixed I tried the burners again. A different burner sparked and the repairman declared the stove unfixable.

I am happy to say my arm is so much better. So much better tomorrow will be my last day of physical therapy. I will continue to do my exercises at home. Even though my rotator cuff as a small tear I want it to remain small and I love that I am no longer in pain.

Tomorrow is another special day for me. I mentioned I was baptized 37 years ago May 4Th. I was confirmed thirty seven years ago May 7Th. I also gave birth to my fourth child twenty three years ago May 7Th. So Tomorrow I will try to make the day special for Elisabeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your arm is better...
that is just nuts that your landlord brought in a Dirty Old Stove!! that just isn't right!

Kristen said...

What was that landlord thinking?! It sounds like a stove like that, even if he did get it fixed, could have been a scary fire hazard, just waiting to happen.

Two shouts of hooray for your arm not hurting!!