I have been baking our bread for the last few weeks. Making sure I learn how to use the grinder and trying recipes others have found and love. Last night I made this bread. Elisabeth is in love. She has gone from a girl who wouldn't touch whole wheat bread to a girl that loves homemade wheat bread. I love the Internet. Years ago I made all our bread. It was never light and soft. Because of the Internet I have access to recipes and others Baking experiences that bless my family. This recipe like the one before it are real keepers. So soft and tasty. Dave gives this bread rave reviews as well.
This is the picture of last weeks bread. It was so late I didn't take a picture last night before I sliced and put the other bread away.
P.S. White hard wheat is better than red hard wheat. Worth the few extra pennies!
P.S. P.S. I inherited the 12"x4" bread pan. I love how it makes the bread into nice size sandwiches instead of the monster sandwich's of 9"x5" loaves.


4 comments:
Awww, homemade bread! It tastes the best and I love the smell it fills the house with!
I love that you are a bread expert!
I SO need to follow in your footsteps. I am sure that my clan would love some homemade bread!
YUM YUM YUMMMMM!
Actually, the soft white wheat (ie whole wheat pastry flour) will make the fluffiest loaf as it does not contain a hard bran. Normal wheat bread is so dense because the bran cuts the gluten strands formed from kneading the dough...those gluten strands help hold in the air bubbles produced by the yeast...you want those for a fluffy loaf. So any flour that contains less bran or softer bran will make a beautiful, big, fluffy loaf akin to normal white bread. And it tastes fabulous.
Post a Comment