Thursday, March 19, 2009

Drama


The Branch YSA (the few who would gather) went downtown to Navy Pier last Saturday on the train. Elisabeth was excited to go. The Adult advisers were going and they love Elisabeth. We thought we were doing them a favor. We sent E on her scooter we got at Sam's. She rarely uses the scooter. It is for trips like this when distance is too far and keeping up is important. These guys all ended up being troopers of the noblest kind. The scooter which had been charged all night decided four hours was her limit. These young adults and leaders had to pull and push Elisabeth (no easy task) and her scooter for considerable distance.

Oh the joys of it all.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I adore that picture Stephanie. What a great branch.

Lisa Christine said...

I am sure Elisabeth had a blast....even if her scooter was being difficult :)

SuzanSayz said...

Stephanie, you have restored most of my faith in the Young Single Adults. I really do feel that if they are called on individually and have the situation explained to them, that there is a good chance that they will respond. I wonder why being a part of a "group", though will bring out the worst instead of the best of them. I think that people are usually so much better individualy than as a part of a group. I'm so happy for Elisabeth that the S.A. Leaders are such good people. I think that people just really need a push, to do the right thing a lot of the time.