A few years ago I used my blog as my journal. I even had it made into a hardbound book. This year I am sorry to say I have not kept up with our happenings.
Dave took a fall off the back of his lift truck while working last Tuesday. He ended up falling head first onto the concrete. His back caught the metal corner of the lift on the way down. He was taken to the emergency room checked out and then this hard working man finished his 400 mile delivery route.
He has a knot on his head, a black and blue knee, scraped up arm, a back with a huge scrape and with black and blue to finish it off. His thumb is swollen and sore as well. Needless to say he spent the rest of the week off recuperating. It is going to take a while for him to completely heal.
Friday was Elisabeth's annual checkup. This has been a year from hell for her. Her splints made a sore on her heal. It ended up making a pressure sore on her heal . Our ambulatory girl has not been able to walk since last November. Our home was made for a girl who used crutches to walk not a wheel chair bound girl. We bought a ramp to help get her in and out of the house. It is still difficult for us. I have the torn rotator cuff that I need to protect. (I have the use of my arm thanks to great physical therapy) I do not want to lose use of my arm again.
School is back in session for both Emilie and Erin ,our beautiful daughter in laws. Elisabeth and I are watching Aubrey and Ada on Monday's and Wednesday's. They are adorable and a handful. Our son Jonathan also started back to school to get his MBA. He is only taking one class thank goodness as he works full time .
Dave will be back on a three day a week schedule when he returns to work. I love, love having him home more. I only wish it didn't make so very tight financially.
Yesterday Rachel called. She and Ben are out east on a business trip. They were able to stop by the Church my fourth great grandfather built in Pricetown, PA. I look forward to posting the pictures when they return.
Life goes on. Adversity and all. I wish I could say I stand tall and withstand all the punches life throws my way. Depression is my companion. Yet I will endure to the end.
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment