Martin Gaby, my fourth great grandfather, built this church in 1775. It still stands today in
Pricetown , PA. It is the oldest unchanged Church of the Brethren church standing. In 1972 when I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I could not fill out a four generation family group sheet. My grandfather William Robert
Gaba was orphaned at the age of six. His parents died within nine days of each other in 1904. His siblings were split up among relatives and we didn't know much about the family . With the help of cousins we have traced our family back to Switzerland. I consider it a miracle to have this information. It is only one piece of the puzzle. I still need to find my Elder and Spiller ancestors. Luckily for me my Love ancestors have been documented.
Rachel is pictured in front of the small one room church. I am so thankful to her and Ben for documenting this treasured
piece of our history.
0 comments:
Post a Comment