With all the packing, unpacking and settling in I am a bit behind in blogging.
We celebrated Dave's birthday along the way. Too bad I didn't take any pictures.
Rachel and Ben's wedding is coming along. I am now prepared to make the wedding my main priority. They have done a wonderful job picking out invitations, the menu (boy am I thankful Ben's family has member who does catering) and knowing the colors they prefer. Rachel's dress should be here the first week of December. I can't wait to see her modeling the beautiful dress.
The florist is all lined up . Rachel found her shoes already and now the bridal showers begin.
Elisabeth is tickled pink to be a bridesmaid. Rachel and Ben chose lime green and watermellon pink as their colors. The bridesmaid's are wearing lime green dresses. I am praying we can find shoes for Elisabeth. She wears afo splints and has a foot that is very very short and extremely wide.
I am still unsure what we are going to do for Thanksgiving. I am considering eating out. Rachel and Ben are going to his families and Emilie and Jon are going to her families. Matt and Erin are in Idaho and may be traveling to Arizona to her grandparents.
I think on the year my children are at their in laws for Thanksgiving I will host a game night on the Friday after. What do you do if your grown married children are at the in laws?
Then before Christmas we celebrate Rachel's birthday, My birthday and Matt's birthday.
We are also looking forward to Matt and Erin's graduation in December. Dave and I are headed to Idaho for graduation . Dave and Matt will drive back to Illinois and Erin (seven and a half month's pregnant)and I are flying home. I am excited for my third child to graduate from college. I feel very honored . I am also ecstatic to welcome another grandbaby in February.
Once back for our trip Christmas will be upon us. And then two weeks later the Wedding.
It is not going to be a boring end of 2009 and 2010 is starting out with a bang, We sure are blest.
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


3 comments:
Holiday's can become a bit of a problem when your children have a whole other family to consider. This year it's just going to be us and Donald and Lisa. I haven't been a fan of Thanksgiving for years. (Too much work for what? An hours worth of payoff? And that's really stretching it.) Thanksgiving is the one holiday for our family that if there are going to be fights that's when they will occur.
So considering all of that, I want to just go to some restaurant and let them have all the work and dirty dishes. Unfortunately I have been seriously out-voted.
Sigh.
Planning a wedding during the holidays is quite ambitious, but I am sure you will do it well :)
Please post lots of pictures.....I love all things wedding!
You're going to be very busy! How's the unpacking going?
I still just can't get enough of the adorable picture below this post. :)
Post a Comment