Sunday, April 22, 2012



April 9, 2008
Dear Family,
I have long desired to share the feelings of my heart with you.
When I was a young girl, I had many questions about life.
Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going? I would sit on my swing, look up at the sky, and wonder are we the only people ever created? Does it matter what I do or am I just going to die and turn to dust. I began a life long search for answers. When I was fourteen I was extremely unhappy. I prayed diligently to know what I should do to find peace and happiness. I read an article about the Osmonds. The article said if they were not brothers that they would still be the best of friends. They attributed this to their love for their Heavenly Father.
I thought if faith could do that for them I too would change. I began to read the Bible. I went back to the church of my youth. I met with the minister. I asked him who God was and why we are here on earth. He was not able to answer my questions. I continued to pray and read the Bible. I decided to investigate the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints. The librarian in Frankfort found a Book of Mormon for me. I have to admit I did not understand all I read at that time. Two years later I came to Joliet and met with the missionaries. My friend Carol Dean came with me. Before we left my car, I offered a prayer. I asked Heavenly Father to help us. To let me know in my heart if this is the direction I should take. The missionaries began to teach me about prophets, apostles, and restoration. They gave me a copy of the Book of Mormon. They asked me to read 3 Nephi Chapter 11 at home that week. They also told me about Moroni’s promise in Moroni 10:3-4. As I drove home that day, I will never forget the feelings of peace and joy that came to my heart. I knew the things I was taught were true. My testimony has grown since that day. I have had many struggles in life but this I know Our Heavenly Father Lives. He loves us. He will comfort us if we will let him. He wants us to return to his presence. We are his literal spirit children. The Book of Mormon is another testament to the divinity of the Savior. I pray you will find it in your heart to ponder and pray about these things.; to know for yourself if these things are true. May the Lord’s Blessings be upon you.
Sincerely ,
Stephanie Gaba Willis

0 comments: