September 11 2001 will always be in my memory. My husband who only missed work if he was really ill or injured was at home on the couch moaning in pain. I called Frank Swenson to see if he could give Dave a blessing. He said turn on your TV. A plane just hit the world trade center.
I watched in horror as the live broadcast showed the second tower being hit by a plane.
America was under attack. But my heart was also under attack. My husband's sarcoidosis was out of remission. Would he be alright? Would he be able to work? Would he be disabled? Would I be left alone to care for our children?
The blessing was given by Frank and Joe Forrest . I then took Dave to the hospital where he remained for the next 5 days.
At home the TV news was dreary. My own circumstance was troubling especially the unknown nature and outcome of Dave's health. I felt alone . My best friend was not laying beside me.
I went as often as I could to see Dave in the hospital. I was now Elisabeth's soul care giver.
I will never forget 9-11 it was a tragedy nationally and a day of uneasiness for my family personally. One thing I did learn and still carry with me is HOPE. I am blessed to live in this nation under God. I still get chills when I say the pledge of allegiance. Today those same chills rushed through my heart as we sang "The Star Spangled Banner" in Church. The world may not always be a safe haven . But my home, my heart , and my family can be a place of peace and love.
God Bless America my home sweet home!


0 comments:
Post a Comment