Saturday, May 1, 2010

Been to Paris...Tennessee that is

Mom's property in Big Sandy,Tennessee 31/2 wooded acres,Pole barn, hot tub, sun room, sauna.

We have been busy. Elisabeth and I spent a week with Grandma . She is getting her home ready for sale. If by chance you know someone who would love a recreation property where they can hunt, fish , boat, ride four wheelers in Tennessee. Send them her way.


We returned in time to celebrate Aubrey's third birthday. For pictures go here


Upon my return I have been working to transplant all the plants she sent home with me. So far the black berries and raspberries have a new home in garden box 3. I still have many flowers to transplant. The crape myrtle tree is planted and fingers are crossed in hopes it will survive an Illinois winter. Yesterday I planted the vegetable garden. Tomatoes, green and yellow peppers, beets, carrots, sweet onions, green onions, spinach, cucumbers. butternut squash,green beans, zucchini and yellow summer squash. The strawberry plants arrive on Monday.

I also planted Alsip Nursery's famous geraniums in pots my mother sent home with me.

I am looking forward to landscaping the yard and planting apple trees and blueberry bushes in the backyard. I Love spring!

1 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Good luck on all of that planting!
I just went and read your daughter-in-law's birthday post for Aubrey. Happy Birthday to little A and thank goodness for brand new three year olds!
I loved reading about the fact that your sons are married to sisters. You've never mentioned that have you?
My paternal grandparents had the same situation.
Three brothers from my grandpa Brinkerhoffs family married three sisters from my grandma's family. Including my grandma and grandpa of course. So my dad and his siblings are double cousins with several of their cousins,in effect they have the same genetic make-up, with those double cousins, as they do with their siblings.
Pretty cool.