Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Clean Slate

























I have been on a spring fever break. I love spring but spring does not love me..........
Today it was in the low 60's and sunny. I loved soaking in the sunlight. I am now starting to in vision what I want my landscaping to look like.
I know we are putting three 8' x 4' raised garden beds at the back of the lot. Other than that I am looking for suggestions. I would like to have a pretty hedge along the sides of the back yards.
I have no idea what bushes would look best. How should we outline the landscaping. What plants should we use. Your help is welcomed.




5 comments:

SuzanSayz said...

Drive through neighborhoods with landscaping that you admire. Take pictures. Make a note of anything that is a little different and that sets one yard apart from the others. And whatever you do, don't be afraid to think BIG!

Heidi D said...

I just love that lovely turf you have. I'm so jealous! Ours is scraggly and weed ridden.

I do like the mounds that have lots of flowers, bushes, and ornamental grasses. They're usually in the corner of someones yard. If we keep our house, I want to put one of those in.

SuzanSayz said...

Stephanie, I've debated bringing this up, but you are one of my really good blog buddies so I will. I have a really hard time reading your posts with the brown on brown color scheme. Old eyes, you know. I realize that it might just be my monitor and that it's not so tricky for other people but if you would tweak it just a teeny bit it would make it so much easier on my eyes. Hopefully I'm not being a pain.
Love ya! Susan

Stephanie said...

Susan, I am glad you let me know. Is this better or worse?

Lisa Christine said...

I can't wait to see what you do with your yard! I would offer suggestions....but I am not much of a landscaper.

Have fun!