I have never been much of a writer. I decided to give blogging a try. So far I have mostly published pictures of my dear granddaughter. She is truly a warm ray of sunshine in this long dreary winter.
I am caught in the winter blues. I am trying to rise above the dull drums by cooking new healthy recipes.
These are two that went over well with my family.
Healthy Homemade Turkey Soup link below
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art12613.asp
and these yummy muffins
Overnight Oatmeal Muffins
1 cup regular oats
2 cups buttermilk
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup dried blueberries (I most often use cranberries and always more than 2/3 cup)
*Combine oats and buttermilk in a medium bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add flour through fruit. Stir well to combine. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each of 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched slightly in center. Remove from pans immediately, place on a wire rack.
I also want to wish a happy Valentines to the Love of my life. Of all the blessings of my life you are the dearest. xoxoxo Yours eternally
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment