I have been ill for several years. I have type 2 diabetes. congestive heart failure and chronic kidney disease. I should add I also suffer from depression.
Lately I have had a hard time walking. By that I mean I get winded and fatigued easily.
After many tests it has been determined that I need Mitral valve repair or replacement.
So this Thursday I am having surgery. Yes the girl who went through natural childbirth four times so she wouldn't have to have an IV is having surgery. ( I now know how crazy that was. Girls go ahead and take the epidural) Having a child with Spina bifida who never complained once when facing surgery , even asked for surgery makes a mother know she can survive and have courage.
I did have my gall bladder out , but that surgery was after Elisabeth had courageously had many surgeries. This surgery I am facing is necessary but a little foreboding. They are going to open up my chest. I have full faith the surgery will go well. I have one of the finest cardiologist surgeons available.
I am more concerned that I will not be a good patient. That I will be a wimp when it comes to pain.
When they took out my gall bladder I had surgery at 5pm and went home the next day at 11 am. The morphine pump worked and I was not in much pain.
This time the surgeon told me I will be in the hospital 7 to ten days. Eternity to an impatient woman like me. They mentioned I will be on a ventilator. Be in intensive care. All experiences I have not had nor do I really want to have.
After I recover, (Please Heavenly Father, let me do a great job at recovering and not be a pain to the nurses.) I get a second chance at life. I can walk and enjoy my grand babies . Lose this weight and live until my maker calls me home. I hope to be of service to my fellowman. To lift and help others more. To not let the physical and medical challenges I have been dealt continue to hold me down.
A Perfect Gift: Hair Twists with Wood Beads
5 days ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment