Friday, July 9, 2010

Today's harvest


After many years of failure I am gaining a green thumb. Today I had the largest yield yet. 3 Cucumbers, 1 zucchini, lots of green beans and 2 cherry tomato's. It is so rewarding to grow and eat food you planted and cared for. My onions are getting huge. I just smile every time I walk by and see 3lb bags of onions for $3.99(ridiculous) at the store knowing I can pick one from my own garden.

Today was a busy day. Elisabeth has an orthotic's appointment. Then we headed over to see Ada. What a little doll. Followed by a visit with Aubrey. We made a play date for her to come to grandma's tomorrow and then off to the zoo on Monday. Elisabeth has a doctor's appointment and the zoo is down the street. I love when I can find a little fun when I have no choice but to go to Chicago.

Today was the first day in over a week I ventured out. I am trying a new medicine, victoza. I am just about through with medicine. If a medicine has a side effect I am going to get it . It took me month's to be able to take Byetta with out getting sick. And I could only handle 5ml and not 10ml like they would have preferred.

I am weighing my options......Be sick all the time or just have high blood sugar. Neither is a very good choice.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so proud of you for your green thumb! Really, I admire it!